Apply for a Partnership Tax ID (EIN) Number

A Partnership is an unincorporated organization with two or more members is generally classified as a partnership for federal tax purposes if its members carry on a trade, business, financial operation, or venture and divide its profits. Partnerships are required to obtain a Tax ID (EIN) in order to hire employees, get business licenses and to file their income tax return via Form 1065.

Frequently Asked Questions about Partnerships